Select this course if you seek to earn the following certification:
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR (WSI) RECERTIFICATION
(also known as SWIM INSTRUCTOR RECERTIFICATION)
Course Description. This certification course will renew your Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification.
Renewal of Certifications from Other Agencies. Lifeguard-Pro will renew your Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or Swim Instructor certification from any other nationally recognized certification agency, and issue you a new Lifeguard-Pro Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification.
Course Includes. This course is a full Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Recertification course (12.0 hrs.)
Course Prerequisites. Prior to enrolling in this course, the certification candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- 16 Years of age or older (with minors consent form for those under 18);
- Ability to swim 25 meters (25 yards) crawl stroke;
- Ability to swim 25 meters (25 yards) breast stroke;
- Ability to swim 25 meters (25 yards) back stroke;
- Ability to swim 10 meters (10 yards) butterfly stroke;
- Ability to tread water for five minutes; and,
- Ability to dive to a depth of three meters (10 feet).
In addition, to enroll in this certification course, the certification candidate must already possess a valid Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification from Lifeguard-Pro or any other nationally recognized certification agency.
Course Objectives. At the end of this course, the certification candidate should be able to:
- Safely and effectively teach children and adults how to avoid hazardous situations in and around the water—including how to avoid drowning;
- Safely and effectively teach infants, children and adults how to survive in water too deep for him/her to stand-up;
- Safely and effectively teach children and adults the basics of the four major competitive swim strokes (crawl, breast, back, and butterfly);
- Safely and effectively supervise groups of swim students in and around the water;
- Effectively work with Lifeguards to ensure the safety of all swim students; and
- Conduct instructional swim classes in an incrementally progressive and time efficient manner.
Certification Requirements. The certification candidate must:
- Buy this Home-Study Course from Lifeguard-Pro; and,
- Successfully complete this Home-Study Course.
Your Purchase Includes. All the required Home-Study Course materials for the following course:
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
*You do NOT need to participate in instructor-led training to earn this certification.
Quality Assurance Pledge: To best protect swimmers from unnecessary injuries and death, and to safeguard you and your employers from crippling negligence lawsuits, Lifeguard-Pro established the new higher standard in Lifeguard training by requiring all Lifeguard certifications to be renewed annually. Only by annual re-certification training can Lifeguard-Pro ensure that every Lifeguard keeps his/her lifesaving knowledge fresh and his/her rescue skills sharp. Be better prepared. Be better trained. Be a Lifeguard-Pro professional rescuer. Enroll now.
Release of Liability: No Lifeguard-Pro Lifeguard certification of any kind is a license to practice medicine outside of the scope of practice, provide occupational medical advice, or teach lifesaving, first aid, AED or CPR. The bearer of any Lifeguard-Pro certification (“Cardholder”) is solely liable for all of his/her actions and does not hold Lifeguard-Pro, any of its instructors, employees, or agents responsible for his/her acts, omissions, negligence, battery, or breach of duty. Furthermore, Lifeguard-Pro does not guarantee, warrant, or endorse the products or services of any firm, organization, person or Cardholder. Lifeguard-Pro certification is a certificate of course completion that indicates the cardholder has satisfactorily met the specific requirements of the specific course on that date, but it is not a guarantee of competency, accuracy, or any particular result. Information about certificates is provided by the cardholder, and Lifeguard-Pro is not responsible for any incorrect or outdated information about cardholders. Lifeguard-Pro does not assume any duty to the public for the services, acts or omissions of Cardholders, or for any information about Cardholders or any other person or entity participating in or receiving professional services from Cardholder. Lifeguard-Pro shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, claim, or otherwise, whether an action in contract or tort and shall further not be liable for any lost profits, or direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind, including without limitation attorney’s fees and expenses. A Lifeguard-Pro certification is in no way a guarantee of employment or employability, nor is it a promise that it will satisfy the employment requirements or standards of every employer or satisfy the legal requirements for employment in every jurisdiction. Prior to purchase, buyer must confirm with prospective employer and appropriate government authority that Lifeguard-Pro certification is satisfactory for buyer to work as a Lifeguard at his/her desired place of employment.
Terms & Conditions of Sale: The terms and conditions of sale of all Lifeguard-Pro certification courses are set forth on the Terms & Conditions page of this website. These terms & conditions are legally binding and strictly govern the terms and conditions of all purchases from Lifeguard-Pro, Lifeguard-Pro.org, its employees, authroized representatives, authorized service providers, and authorized agents. As a buyer, it is your responsiblility to understand the terms and conditions of sale of the Lifeguard-Pro good or service you are considering before you purchase it.