Select this course if you seek to earn the following certification:
SWIM COACH SAFETY TRAINING
Course Description: This certification teaches you to be a safe swim coach, and satisfies the safety training requirement for competitive swim coaches.
Course Includes: This course is a full Swim Coach Safety Training certification course, which includes
- Lifeguard Swimming Pool Course--26.0 hrs.
- CPR/AED for the Healthcare Provider Course--6.0 hrs.
- First Aid Basics Course--4.0 hrs.
Course Prerequisites: Prior to enrolling in this course, the certification candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- 15 Years of age or older (with minors consent form for those under 18)
- Ability to swim 300 meters (325 yards) without stopping (there is no time limit)
- Ability to tread water for five minutes
- Ability to dive to a depth of four meters (12 feet)
Course Objectives: At the end of this course, the certification candidate should be able to:
- Safely supervise swimmers while in the pool at swim practice and competitive meets.
- Safely and effectively teach children and adults how to avoid hazardous situations in and around the water—including how to avoid drowning;
- Safely and effectively supervise groups of swim students in and around the water;
- Effectively work with Lifeguards to ensure the safety of all swim students; and
- Identify and appropriately respond to a victim in distress in and around the water.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to hazards in and around the water, and take the appropriate action to safeguard patrons, while taking into account the lifeguard’s personal ability, environmental factors, and all prevailing safety procedures.
- Effectively perform all of the basic water rescues.
Certification Requirements: The certification candidate must
- Buy this home-study course from Lifeguard-Pro
- Successfully complete and submit this home-study course to Lifeguard-Pro
- Attend and successfully complete in-person training with a Lifeguard-Pro Instructor.*
*In-person training is not included in this purchase.
Your Purchase Includes: All of the required home-study materials for the following courses:
- Lifeguard Swimming Pool Course
- CPR/AED for the Healthcare Provider Course
- First Aid Basics Course
Your Purchase Does Not Include: In-person training. To earn certification, after successfully completing and submitting all of your required home-study course materials, a certification candidate must attend in-person training with an authorized Lifeguard-Pro instructor. The cost of in-person training is not included in this purchase. The fee for in-person training must be paid directly to the instructor teaching the course. The in-person training fee may vary from instructor to instructor.
Swim Coach Safety Training - Home-Study Course
|IN-PERSON TRAINING only $199.00 (estimated)||View Training Locations|
Quality Assurance Pledge: To best protect swimmers from unnecessary injuries and death, and to safeguard you and your employers from crippling negligence lawsuits, Lifeguard-Pro established the new higher standard in Lifeguard training by requiring all Lifeguard certifications to be renewed annually. Only by annual re-certification training can Lifeguard-Pro ensure that every Lifeguard keeps his/her lifesaving knowledge fresh and his/her rescue skills sharp. Be better prepared. Be better trained. Be a Lifeguard-Pro professional rescuer. Enroll now.
Release of Liability: No Lifeguard-Pro Lifeguard certification of any kind is a license to practice medicine outside of the scope of practice, provide occupational medical advice, or teach lifesaving, first aid, AED or CPR. The bearer of any Lifeguard-Pro certification (“Cardholder”) is solely liable for all of his/her actions and does not hold Lifeguard-Pro, any of its instructors, employees, or agents responsible for his/her acts, omissions, negligence, battery, or breach of duty. Furthermore, Lifeguard-Pro does not guarantee, warrant, or endorse the products or services of any firm, organization, person or Cardholder. Lifeguard-Pro certification is a certificate of course completion that indicates the cardholder has satisfactorily met the specific requirements of the specific course on that date, but it is not a guarantee of competency, accuracy, or any particular result. Information about certificates is provided by the cardholder, and Lifeguard-Pro is not responsible for any incorrect or outdated information about cardholders. Lifeguard-Pro does not assume any duty to the public for the services, acts or omissions of Cardholders, or for any information about Cardholders or any other person or entity participating in or receiving professional services from Cardholder. Lifeguard-Pro shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, claim, or otherwise, whether an action in contract or tort and shall further not be liable for any lost profits, or direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind, including without limitation attorney’s fees and expenses. A Lifeguard-Pro certification is in no way a guarantee of employment or employability, nor is it a promise that it will satisfy the employment requirements or standards of every employer or satisfy the legal requirements for employment in every jurisdiction. Prior to purchase, buyer should confirm with prospective employer and appropriate government authority that Lifeguard-Pro certification is satisfactory for buyer to work as a Lifeguard at his/her desired place of employment.